LIFE INSURANCE PLAN FOR STATE OF FLORIDA EMPLOYEES
Underwritten by Life Insurance Company of North America (LINA), through New York Life Group Benefits Solutions.
Group Term Life Insurance provides a firm foundation for employees by offering a competitive, value-added life benefit. LINA Group Term Life product offers protection, a terminal illness benefit, bereavement counseling, and beneficiary services to employees and their families.
ADVANTAGES FOR EMPLOYEES
- Guaranteed issue coverage amounts available for employees and family members.
- Upon termination of employment or retiring, all insured employees have the option of converting this Group Term Life Insurance Plan to an individual Whole Life Plan, as long as it is requested within 60 days.
- Access to available proceeds when faced with a terminal illness.
- Automatic Increase Option increases benefit amount as earnings go up.
- Waiver of premium during an approved disability allows employees to continue valuable life insurance coverage.
FIND AN AGENT
Find a Licensed Agent in your area by clicking the following link and providing your work county and agency: capitalins.com/team/find-an-agent.
WHEN TO ENROLL
Enroll during Open Enrollment or as a New Employee (within the first 60 days of employment). Any forms submitted outside of these requirements will not be accepted.
Please take a moment to review the Brochure for a full outline of the benefits available to you. For more information on how to enroll, please contact the Group Benefits Department by phone at 800.780.3100 or email at email@example.com. If you have further questions, please contact a Licensed Agent in your area.
Life insurance becomes effective on the day following the end of the payroll period in which the first payroll deduction is made (Deduction Code #262). If you are either disabled or under a physician’s care because of sickness or injury or not actively at work on the day your insurance would become effective, your insurance will become effective when you resume full-time work.
AVAILABLE IN PARTICIPATING AGENCIES:
- Agency for Health Care Administration
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Dept. of Business & Professional Regulation
- Dept. of Children & Families
- Department of Commerce
- Dept. of Corrections
- Dept. of Education
- Dept. of Elder Affairs
- Dept. of Environmental Protection
- Dept. of Financial Services
- Dept. of Health
- Dept. of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles
- Dept. of Juvenile Justice
- Dept. of Management Services
- Dept. of Revenue
- Dept. of State
- Dept. of Transportation
- Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs
- Division of Administrative Hearings
- Florida Commission on Offender Review
- Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Florida Gaming Control Commission
- Justice Administrative Commission
- Office of Legislative Services
- State Board of Administration
- State Courts System