AN OVERVIEW OF THE FLORIDA RETIREMENT SYSTEM AND D.R.O.P. (DEFERRED RETIREMENT OPTION PROGRAM)
In about one hour you will learn:
- Your rights and benefits under the FRS
- Classes of membership
- Who makes contributions
- What is creditable service
- Vesting: When you are eligible to receive FRS benefits
- Normal Retirement
- Early Retirement
- Special Risk Retirement
- Senior Management
- Elected Officials & Judicial
- Survivor Benefits
- Re-employment after retirement
- The D.R.O.P. program
- Estimating your retirement benefits
- Retirement Options
- Other options available to get maximum benefits when retiring under the FRS
WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE VESTED UNDER THE FLORIDA RETIREMENT SYSTEM, YOU SHOULD ATTEND THIS PROGRAM.
Retirement Nest Egg
If you are employed by a state agency, a university, a county, district school board, community college, a city, special district, or other organization participating in the Florida Retirement System, this seminar is important to you.
By the time you reach mid-career, it will be worth your time to make an estimate of your necessary expenses and your retirement income. You should become informed about D.R.O.P. as early as possible in order to plan for maximum retirement income from both the FRS and D.R.O.P. participation.
For more information or to sign up for a Retirement Seminar, contact your local Capital representative or call 1-800-780-3100.
** Not Affiliated with The Florida Retirement System or The Division of Retirement.